Mailing List!

Friday, August 9, 2013

Fun-tastic amazing news!

Yes I said fun-tastic. Because that's a word. As of now.

Anyway, guess what!?!?! My latest book baby "Under Zenith" has just been signed by my amazing publisher CHBB Publishing!

First off, I love this publisher SO much. They've been nothing but wonderful to me and every single author I've met who's signed with them is incredibly nice. They're this amazing close knit family who helps each other out and I can't imagine having a better lit family!


And now, on top of signing the Sugar Coated Trilogy, they've signed my latest New Adult Speculative novel "Under Zenith".

I know I say this about every book, but I'm so excited for you guys to read this one! This book baby was maybe the most fun I've ever had writing a book because the characters are both such stubborn brats :)

Isla, my main girl character (whose name is pronounced Eye-la, and she WILL correct people who say it wrong), is this sassy Southern girl who isn't afraid to stand up for herself. She's super stubborn, kind of set in her ways, and even though she's sweet, she's a little firecracker!

Clare Bowen is my Isla :)

Hayden, my main boy character, is this terribly rude British guy who is dry, sarcastic, and really isn't a fan of Isla's. He basically wants to find any way to get away from her but due to some odd circumstances, they're stuck together.

Colin O'Donoghue HAS to be Hayden

Trust me, they were very fun to write together. It was like a social experiment on how two hard headed people with short tempers deal with each other.

Anyway, I seriously can't wait to share this book with you! I love it so SO much! The only sad thing about this book being published is that I'll never be able to write these characters again :( I'll just have to write my own fan fiction from time to time :)

Below I'll post a little book blurb to get you excited!




It was the most important day of her life, and for 21-year-old Isla Edison, graduating from college with a useless degree in vocal performance was all part of her master plan. Dying in a car accident only hours later wasn't part of that plan. Yet there she was, standing over her own lifeless body and panicking about ruining the truck her parents had bought as a graduation present. Talk about a bad way to repay them.


If coming to terms with the hereafter wasn’t enough to deal with, Isla suddenly finds herself stuck with Hayden, a gorgeous Brit with a bad attitude and a penchant for throwing her off cliffs to keep her in line. Worst of all, Hayden is her Guide, and until she completes six impossible and totally random tasks to reach her mysterious Destination, she's stuck with him. Isla's major problem, though, is that she doesn't know what reaching her Destination actually entails, and soon the mystery surrounding her new afterlife seems more ominous than any purgatory she could possibly imagine. Now Isla must decide if she'll trust her dark and brooding Guide despite his "bad boy" act, or if she'll risk failing her tasks and facing the unknown alone.



Hope you guys are as excited as I am!


Until next time,

Shannen


4 comments:

  1. You wrote a New Adult?!!! Awesome! Can't wait to read it! Congrats on getting signed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first stab at writing NA :) But, I really liked writing that genre. I may be writing more now lol!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, how very interesting sounding! I can't wait until you're uber famous and I can be like "Yeah, we're facebook friends" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psh whatever! I'll be bragging to people that I know you!

      Delete